Welcome to MoAT!
Missouri Assistive Technology strives to increase access to assistive technology for Missourians with all types of disabilities, of all ages. To the right are navigation links to the programs and initiatives of MoAT.
In State FY 2014, MoAT delivered 5,235 assistive devices and provided support services to 19,488 Missourians with disabilities.
- 1,144 ETC devices loaned
- 2,687 Device Demonstrations provided
- 2,157 TAP for Telephone, adaptive telephones provided
- 1,090 TAP for Internet, adaptive computer equipment provided
- 23 KAT (Kids Assistive Technology) devices provided
- 225 ATR (Assistive Technology Request) devices provided
- 50 Show Me Loans provided
- 1,690 Device Re-Utilization used items transferred
- 10,422 Individual information and assistance provided
Missouri's Deaf-Blind Equipment Program is a direct result of the 21st Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act of 2010. The goal is to ensure that every person with combined hearing and vision loss has access to modern telecommunication tools and the training necessary to use them. For an FAQ on Missouri's program click here. To download the program application, visit Missouri Deaf-Blind Equipment Program. For more info on the national initiative, go to iCanConnect.org.
Financial Literacy Resources
Financial literacy and understanding credit are important issues for families and persons with disabilities needing assistive technology. A variety of financial literacy resources exist to help learn more.