Financial Literacy Resources
Credit Management Resources
- Federal Trade Commission
The FTC offers consumer information on how to get a free credit report in their "Take Action" section. Federal Trade Commission Consumer Information
- Annual Credit Report
Here is the site to obtain a free credit report from Equifax, TransUnion or Experian. Annual Credit Report
Online Self Paced Courses
- American Financial Solutions
This course offers eight personal finance online courses with some homework assignments that you can take for free. This program is a good option for managing money and debt as well as credit management. Learning Center for AFS
- FDIC Money Smart Program
This program offers sections on banking and credit basics, money management, saving, protecting your identity and privacy, consumer rights, credit reporting, responsible use of credit cards, using loans and purchasing large items such as a home. moneysmart
Here is the computer based, self paced option for Money Smart.
- Building Wealth
This online course offers a basic guide to planning for your financial future.
- Building Wealth English language version
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society offers - Financial Planning Workbooks & Related Resources
This site offers a financial planning workbook for people newly diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis covering a range of issues including money management, job development, assistive technology, benefits planning and special needs trust and estate planning issues. Website has a number of excellent articles on assistive technology selection and funding. Financial Planning
Resources for College Students
- Missouri Department of Higher Education offers a financial literacy resource geared to college bound students. The objective is to help students better manage their finances, budget effectively, and borrow wisely. Financial Literacy
- Missouri Department of Higher Education also offers information related to student loan debt management. Debt Management and Minimization
Missouri Attorney General Office Resources
- Missouri Attorney General offers resources on rights and protection options.
Here is the link to learn more about identity theft.