Show-Me Loans, Workability Loans
WorkAbility Loans are available for Missourians with disabilities who need financing for computers and other equipment, and/or modifications to their home that will enable them to have an employment outcome working from their home or residence or at a telework center if available. The loans are available at a low interest rate to eligible borrowers.
WorkAbility offers Missouri individuals with a disability to obtain equipment in order to obtain or maintain employment or to establish a self-employment enterprise while working from their home or telework center. Applicants seeking equipment to establish a new self-employment venture will need to complete a business plan to submit with their loan application. Resources for this requirement are available through our office.
What kinds of equipment are eligible under this program?
Persons may apply for loans for:
- Computers, printers and related peripherals
- Fax machines and scanners
- Hearing Aids
- Prosthetic Limbs
- Telecommunication devices
- Office furniture
- Tools of the trade
- Motor vehicle modifications
- Home modifications to create accessible home offices
- Assistive technology that enables an individual with a disability to work more independently or productively
- The cost of training specifically related to the proper use of the equipment, maintenance agreements and extended warranties for the equipment, as well as maintenance and repair expenses for the equipment may be applied for in a WorkAbility loan.
General Conditions for Approval of WorkAbility Loans
A WorkAbility loan may be approved for a Missouri resident with a disability to either (a) increase income through telework (b) initiate telework to avoid losing income through a loss of or reduction in employment or self-employment, or (c) to begin working at home because it is easier to accommodate their disabling condition, stays constant or decreases.
To apply, download and print a loan application, sign, and mail in original. Or you may call or email the contact information below. You may also contact us to have any questions answered about the application form. Loan calculator can be used to forecast monthly payments.
For more information on Show Me Loans, WorkAbility Loans call Eileen at MoAT at (800) 647-8557 or (816) 655-6702. You may also e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org