Equipment Technology Consortium
Missouri Assistive Technology operates the Equipment Technology Consortium (ETC). ETC is a short-term assistive technology equipment loan program available to all Missourians.
Through this program, individuals and/or their support teams are allowed to try and compare assistive technology devices before purchasing them.
The program includes a wide range of equipment including Aids for Daily Living, Augmentative and Alternative Communication Devices, Computer Access Devices, Educational Aids, Hearing, and Speech Supports, Mounting Systems, Switches, iOS Tablets with apps, and Vision Devices. Equipment is loaned for a five-week loan period and will be shipped to the requester at no charge.
Steps for borrowing equipment:
1. A Short Term Loan Agreement must be completed by an agency or the individual that wishes to borrow from ETC.
a. Short-term Loan Agreement for a School District/Agency
b. Short-term Loan Agreement for an individual (This agreement requires an in-person or remote consult.)
2. Visit the ETC Device Catalogs which can be found on this page.
At this time, our device catalog is up to date. However, the drop-down menus on the Device Request Form are not current. (Please use the Additional Instructions Section to request any device from the catalogs by name that you may not find listed.)
3. Complete and submit either one or both of the following forms:
• Device Request Form
• Tablet and Chromebook Request Form
All requests will be processed and shipped to the requester within 48 hours at no cost.
A pre-paid return label will be included with all loaned devices. All loans must:
1. Be returned within the five-week loan period.
2. Include a completed survey. This is required under the Assistive Technology Act, which provides funding for ETC.
Contact our office with any questions. Phone: (816) 655-6708.
Visit The ETC Catalog
ETC Device Catalogs can be accessed to the top right of this page from a PC or scroll to the bottom when viewing on a smart phone.