Transition Resources – Home & Community Living
Assistive Technology (AT) can be a key for persons with disabilities wanting to transition back into the community from an institutional setting. There are a number of tools created through Assistive Technology (AT) Act collaborations that can help identify AT needs and then to identify possible AT solutions. A few of these that can help get the right AT to persons moving back into the community are outlined below.
MFP Assistive Technology Demonstration Service
Missouri Assistive Technology is collaborating with the Show-Me Home, a Money Follows the Person program to develop an MFP demonstration service for assistive technology needed by individuals transitioning from nursing facilities or for assistive technology needed to successfully remain in the community after their transition. Assistive Technology, Environmental Accessibility Modifications and Vehicle Access Modifications are included in the demonstration services.
For more information, contact our office at 816-655-6700 or at email@example.com. The overview of the service and a intake form are below for more details. Interested Show-Me Home transition coordinators should contact our office prior to completing and submitting the form.
- Show-Me Home (MFP) Assistive Technology Demonstration Service Overview
- Missouri's AT Intake Considerations Guide for Transitions
- Show-Me Home (MFP) Assistive Technology Demonstration Service Intake Form
Tools to Identify AT Needs in Transition
In what activities is the person now limited in that might hinder a successful transition back to community living? Some helpful tools might include:
- Transition Assistance to Community Living Intake Form - Massachusetts
- Assistive Technology Needs Profile - Iowa
Tools to Identify AT Solutions in Transition
Once a limitation is identified, what kind of AT might be a solution? AT changes almost on a daily basis, but here are some resources to help to begin to consider the kinds of AT available:
- Transition Assistance to Community Living Supplement - Massachusetts
- ETC Assistive Technology Catalog - Missouri
- Portable Ramps and Lifts - Missouri