Show-Me Loans, Workability Loan
A WorkAbility Loan provides financing for employment-based assistive technology, employment related equipment or devices. Loans range from $500 to $15,000. Loans must be related to obtaining employment, self-employment or working remotely for an employer. The interest rate for a WorkAbility loan is currently at 1%.
The types of assistive technology and employment related equipment eligible for a Show Me Loan includes such items as:
- Assistive technology that enables an individual with a disability to work independently and productively.
- Motor vehicle modifications to get to work
- Tools of the trade
- Regular and adapted office furniture
- Computer hardware and software
- Telecommunications devices
- Home modifications related to creating an accessible home office
- Equipment related training costs, maintenance agreements and extended warranties.
How Do I Know if WorkAbility Loan Is Right For Me?
If obtaining employment or maintaining employment is your goal, a WorkAbility loan might be a perfect solution. WorkAbility loans have been used by individuals to maintain employment, to work remotely and to even start a business.
Interest in Starting Your Own Business?
WorkAbility Loans can be used to purchase assistive technology and other work-related equipment to help start a business. Applicants applying for a WorkAbility Loan must have prepared a business plan prior to submitting their loan application.
If you have not developed a business plan, the resources below will be helpful:
How Do I Apply?
To apply, download and print a loan application, sign, and mail in original with the required attachments. If you have further questions, you may call or email the contact information below. Loan calculator can be used to forecast monthly payments.
For more information on WorkAbility Loans call Eileen at MoAT at (800) 647-8557 or (816) 655-6702. You may also email email@example.com