Show Me Loans
Show Me Loans are low-interest loans available to enhance the independence of Missourians with a disability or age-related change. There are four types of Show Me Loans available of which applicants can apply for one of the four: General AT Loan, Micro Loan, Accessible Vehicle Loan and WorkAbility Loan.
To be eligible for a loan, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a Missouri resident.
- Be a person with a disability, a person with an age-related change, or a family member applying on behalf of a family member with a disability or age-related change. Applicants must be legally old enough to enter into a contract.
- Loans can only be used for qualifying items (i.e. AT or assistive technology, durable medical equipment or DME, vehicle access modifications, homeowner access modifications, hearing aids, etc.)
- Have obtained a quote from a vendor for the items to be purchased with the loan. If you need assistance finding AT, call our office for help. You chose where the item or service is purchased from.
- Be able to afford a monthly loan payment.
Financing options available:
- General AT Loan – Financing for most types of AT Devices and services. Loans range from $500 to $15,000. This loan is for AT needs such as hearing aids, adaptations to a home the family or individual own, adaptations to a vehicle the family or individual own, seating and positioning devices, communication devices, adaptive recreational devices, or other items.
- Micro Loan – Financing for AT or durable medical equipment including repair of AT, wearable technology, home automation devices, tablets with AT apps, computers, voice activated devices, refurbished AT under $500. In addition to the cost of the device, loans can include the price of a warranty and/or maintenance agreement as well as shipping costs. Written verification of a successful trial with a device used for communication or a written evaluation for the device is strongly encouraged.
- Refurbished AT eligible for Show Me Loan can only be purchased through Accessibility Medical Equipment (1-800-756-1107) and must include a warranty, which can also be purchased through Accessibility Medical who can ship to the entire state of Missouri.
- Accessible Vehicle Loan – Financing up to $50,000 for an accessible or converted driver or passenger access vehicle. (A limited number of accessible vehicle loans are made per year, please call our office before applying.) Loan terms vary and are connected with the age of the vehicle. Vehicles cannot be more than 9 years old. Call our office for questions regarding the loan terms.
- WorkAbility Loan- Financing for employment-based and related equipment and devices. Loans range from $500 to $15,000. Loans must be related to one of the following:
- Obtaining employment.
- Self-employment. (Must provide a business plan.)
- Working remotely for an employer. (Must provide verification of employment.)
Interest rate for all loans will be between 2% to 4% based on the income guideline lines stated on the Loan Calculator page.
If financing is not an option for you at this time, visit the financial literacy or funding resources pages.
Financial Literacy Resources
Financial literacy and understanding credit are important issues for families and persons with disabilities needing assistive technology. A variety of useful resources exist to help learn more.
Are you looking for funding options other than financing with low repayment interest rates? Here are some funding resources:
If you qualify, open a STABLE account with MOABLE. Assistive Technology is a qualified expense with the MOABLE program. To learn more about STABLE Accounts, what the benefits are, and who is eligible, visit their MOABLE.